Dr. Machiel Van Der Loos
Faculty of Applied Science
- Rehabilitation Robotics
- Human-Robot Interaction
- Design for Safety
- Design Methodology and Design Coaching
Current Research Work
- Inherently safe design of mobile manipulation robotic systems.
- Development and testing of mechatronic exercise systems for stroke therapy.
- Development of robotic tools for improved understanding and treatment of human balance disorders.
- Exploration of ethical design principles for robot interfaces and neurotechnologies.