We are pleased to announce that the cluster is providing 5 travel awards up to $1200 each, to help fund trainees and postdocs to travel to a cluster affiliated lab in order to learn techniques and/or collect pilot data in support of collaborative research on balance and falls.
Travel awards can only be used for travel and accommodation costs. Travel to conferences is not eligible.
To be eligible for the award:
- The student or postdocs supervisor must be an OBDAF cluster member.
- The host lab must be affiliated with an OBDAF cluster member.
- The student/post-doc must be involved in research relating to balance control and falls.
- The lab visit must be 1 week minimum, and occur within the period of May-Dec 2019
Applications for the awards should include:
- A curriculum vitae for the student/post-doc
- A cover letter from the student/post-doc indicating a) the lab they plan to visit, b) proposed dates of travel, c) the benefits and skills they will gain from the experience, d) a description of the research they will be involved with, and e) how the research relates to the OBDAF cluster.
- A letter of support from the host lab supervisor to confirm: a) the dates of the lab visit; b) how the funds for the travel award will be used; c) what other supplemental funds will be used to support the visit (if necessary) d) how the research visit is expected to support future collaborative research within the cluster.
Applications will be assessed based on:
- Need for funding
- The relevance of the research to the mandate of the cluster
- The potential for trainee skill development
- Opportunity to create novel research collaborations and initiatives within the cluster
Deadline for applications is May 17th, 2019.
Please send application material to Sarah Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org)